Local governments’ support needed to develop heath care system
Along with efforts of health officials and workers, the support of local governments at all levels is crucial to providing better care for the public, the minister addressed a meeting in the central city of Da Nang on September 20 on the development of the local health care system.
Tien noted that the health sector’s infrastructure has been improved and health insurance has covered 76.52 percent of the population.
A project to ease hospital overloads has also been underway, with many new health care facilities built, together with a network of satellite hospitals with doctors and medical technology transferred from central hospitals, she said.
Meanwhile, Shin Young-soo, the World Health Organisation’s Regional Director for West Pacific, spoke highly of the achievements of Vietnam in caring for people’s heath, especially efforts in raising people’s average longevity and enhancing the quality of care services for locals in rural and mountainous areas, and expanding the coverage of health insurance.
He said the sector should seek measures to eliminate the overload in central hospitals by investing more on infrastructure and equipment for local health care systems, thus meeting the demand of people.
Shin Young-soo also affirmed that the WHO will back Vietnam in giving heath care services to people as well as realising the country’s goals in heath care development.
Tin khác đã đăng
- Contest for Good and Elegant Nurses – National Hospital of Paediatrics 19/04/2017
- The role and position of nursing staff in the hospital must be properly assessed 19/04/2017
- Nurses at Bach Mai Hospital organize many activities aimed at patients 19/04/2017
- Improve infant care and sleep care for nurses and midwives 19/04/2017
- Vietnam learns from int’l experiences in medical education 23/09/2016